Sunday, January 31, 2010

Today Update

This is an update on my mission for the day, the following were my goals this AM as I set out with little to no motivation:
1 - Clean my home - surface cleaning/ no decluttering/ no nooks & crannies
2 - Cook (for class nights & lunches for work)
2 - Do 1.5 hours of hot yoga at the studio - to bring me back to my center
3 - Come home - wrap up my cleaning
4 - All followed by an evening of self care - roots touchup/ face mask/ O.O. treatment/ pedicure/ bubble bath with a good book  

I am happily reporting that I've completed all the work, actually I've done more than planned. As an unexpected bonus, I decluttered my dining room which had been filled with boxes of kitchen cupboard "stuff" while some small kitcen sprucing up project has been under way. The kitchen project is not 100% completed yet, but is far along enough that I could reclaim my cupboards. Yeah!

The moisturizing mask is on my face. Roots are touched up. My master bath is sparkling. I attended a hot yoga class and it was one of the best ever. I was in good, even excellent form. Hey, I even made 4 whole wheat Nan pizzas,  and this was not one of my ToDos.

Pretty good for a girl who completely lacked motivation this morning at 9:30, no?

Here is a nice photo of my sparkling bathroom as it awaits me for my bubble bath which I will take just as soon as I'm done with this lovely post.



The Lesson
 In my declutering missions, I'd let the surface cleaning go just a bit for my taste. As I purge and declutter, I must keep up with my surface cleaning, otherwise my home feels mighty unpleasant. An unpleasant home is NOT a frugal pleasure at all, is it?.

This is a very important lesson for this decluttering season/ phase. It cost me a bit of stress as I saw my dining room looking like it did here.  I think it demotivated me from keeping up the all around home caring. Not good.


Here it is now.  Presentable, what a relief. I have big plans to make over this dining room, but for now I am very happily settling for neat and uncluttered.

No comments: