Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Doing Many Things - Persuing a Rich Life

Right now I am doing a lot, some might say, too much. But I thrive on it all. One thing I do NOT do is watch TV.

Let's see, I have my family and home to care for, which at minimum means cooking, grocery shopping, and some basic cleaning. Everbody picks up after themselves, so I am not cleaning up after others, just general cleaning. This is a blessing. Presently no tiny children, but I'd love one soon, and hope God blesses me with a little one.

I also have my career, and it is a career, not a job per se. I've mastered this front though, once I leave the office, it all stays behind, however, while I'm there, I'm 100% turned onto it. I love my work, it is intellectually challenging, creatively engaging, and emotionally rewarding. It is also financially rewarding, which cannot be overlooked.

I practice yoga pretty passionately, it brings so so much to me for the time I dedicate to it. This is very much time I dedicate to me, to my essence. Yoga is one of the sources for my essence, for the building and maintaining of the essential me.

This is the kicker though, I think. I'm also presently signed up for 2 classes, Intensive French, and Intensive Italian. Yes, both at the same time. I already do speak both, so these are higher level classes to perfect grammar and intensive conversational, and translation. Why am I doing this you ask? Good question, because I do get a wee bit stressed when there is a test in both all on the same night. uhrrr....

The short answer is that I love both of these languages, I feel a little bit of a high when I am in class, it just feels good to be there learning. I have a long range goal, just for my own intellectual pursuits, not for my career. My goal is to study comparative literature, centered around the middle ages. So there you have it.

At the very top of my list though, is spending quality, intentional connected time with my beloved, this is "a must." Neither of us is needy, but both of us recognize the importance of prioritizing our "love gathering time." and remaining connected.

So there you have it, those are the "must dos," then there are my many artistic endeavours, my ongoing decluttering goals, my "12th year house sprucing" projects, and time with friends and extended family.

I feel a deep deep gratitude that I am fully awake and alive and able to pursue all that my soul presently feels a need to pursue. I am grateful that my beloved is 100% supportive of all my endeavours. I feel so so grateful for my health, and for my enthusiasm, which to my mind is a key facet of health.

No comments: