Saturday, January 16, 2010

Groceries & Dinner

Just returned from market where I spent $103, I hope these groceries last 2 weeks. I believe they will. I may have to cook form the pantry 2-3 times, but that's just fine. Sometimes I cook from the pantry just because I am in the mood for a simple pasta.

Tonight I am going to my friend Josh's place for dinner, I will bring most of the ingredients, since I will be cooking. I cannot host him at my place because our kitchen is being worked on, and it is all too out of sorts to host guests.

We will have chicken breast sauteed in a sauce of bacon onion and wine, it is finished with a tad of fresh cream. It will be served with whole wheat cappellini smothered with sauteed shredded zucchini, lots of garlic, and a bit of lime juice. This is a delicious meal, quick and super easy.

For dessert I will make a super super easy decadent chocolate budino. Milk, heavy cream, vanilla, bit of espresso, and 60% cacao chocolate chips all melted and cooled in fridge, with a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top. Creamy and decadent to be sure. Small but delectable portions :)

No comments: