Saturday, January 02, 2010

Creative Clutter - my plan

I am a creative person whose creativity has become a sort of curse. I have attic and garage dedicated to my "creativity clutter," there are sundry items that are destined to become creativity projects. Here are some examples:
  • jars/ bottles that will be re-made into votive holders & glasses
  • fabric fabric fabric - for so much sewing
  • old clothes - for remaking
  • yarn - you can imagine
  • carpentry tools - because i love to make the old new again
  • paint/ sand paper/ rags - for all my "painting projects"
  • art supplies - becuse I paint canvas
  • newspapers - I want to make handmade paper
  • ...and much much more
My plan for this clutter and disorder is to containerize by topic starting with the creative project for which I have the least amount of "stuff". The glass art is the first candidate. Having this clutter containerized transforms it into "creativity supplies" and allows me to pull it out whenever I want to work out some creative juices.

 Once I am done I need the basic discipline and respect for my space and for my craft to simply put all the materials back into their proper container. This will keep my work area neat and organized and I will not dread working on my creative projects and avoid my "creative studio."

Prior to this, I just kept accumulating project items and putting them wherever, garage, attic. it created a situation where I felt nothing but untapped, and unsatisfied creativity. I was always living in the possibility instead of the moment. Now I can make bottle art whenever I feel like it. I can create in and be in the moment.

I plan to do this kind of organizing for all my creativities one at a time. It's a slow process, next is my painting/ art supplies.

Here is my "glass art supplies" before and after.

No comments: