Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Projects - Stuck in the Planning

Did you ever feel stuck in the planning?

I am afraid that is exactly what is happening to me. As has already been established in earlier posts, the epicenter of my clutter is garage and attic. Inside my home it's rather tidy actually, but for some drawers and closets which I want brought into perfection as a starting point.

It is a bit too cold to properly tackle the garage and attic, but perfect to reorganize my master bath closet, it needs it. It's true nobody sees my master bath closet, but I do, and its messiness causes me distress.

My kitchen is undergoing a tiny renovation (sprucing up). It's still not 100% completed, but since one side is done, I need to start pulling it together by refilling the cabinets.

Well for the kitchen -
Here is a short list of the ToDo items that quickly come to mind:
  • Get glass fronts & shelves for cabinets
  • Dig out formal glassware from hall closet
  • Dishwash all stemware
  • Set up new glass shelves
  • Sort through all boxed items previously in cabinets
  • Trash/ donate/ pantry
  • Figure out where the new location for microwave 
  • Finalize with carpenter all the cabinet drawers

Do you ever get stuck in the planning, especially when one particular item  doesn't seem to have an easy answer?  For my Kitchen project, the microwave is still an orphan. I cannot figure out where its new location should be. I really do not like counter top as a home for microwave.

This one open item seems to be keeping me from completing the things I can complete. I'll post some shots of the landscape later today, maybe someone will have a brilliant idea of where that microwave can go. In the meantime, I may need to suck it up and live with it on the counter for a week or two. 

I definitely need help moving this project along to completion.

Did you ever get stuck in the planning?

No comments: