Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Essentials of Home Keeping

Let's see - what is on my mind today?

  I've been thinking about housekeeping and what my best options are. A very reasonable and simple rule of thumb that makes a gigantic difference is to always make sure all surfaces are clear, by simply assigning each and every item in our world a home. A place where it belongs (not on a visible flat surface.)

Then keep items exactly where they belong with very short and focused daily upkeep. I set a timer for evening tidying up. The timer seems to do the trick of motivating me to just do it, get it done.

Here are some of my daily tasks:

  • Daily clean up w' a basket - moving items to their home 
  • Kitchen swept daily 
  • Leave sink clean nightly 
  • Make bed each and every morning  
  • Place clothes back on hangers/ hamper when undressing  
  • Launch the morning the night before
Organizing and perfecting of closets, drawers, etc. is then left for when there is time or for a scheduled routine. Keeping all surfaces clear of clutter and clean, is the first level of feeling like I live in a clean tidy home. Perfecting the hidden places is the next level.

I do not need to stress out if my bathroom vanity is not perfectly organized, that can be on hidden places schedule. The open visible surfaces on the other hand cannot be on a schedule, these need picking up daily.






How do you approach home keeping?








No comments: