Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creative Space or Guest Haven?

I am participating in Our Suburban Cottage Organizing for LUFFs Party.
Photobucket">

The tiniest bedroom in our home was my studio for creativity projects. Here is what it looked like before I repurposed it as a guest bedroom, and soon to be closet studio.
Not a very desirable space to create was it? In fact I'd not created there in over 18 months. Sorry to say.



Introducing my guest bedroom.


 I absolutely love what I've done here because it prevents me turning it into a catch all for "stuff." All my "creativity stuff" is neatly packed in rolling tuff containers by category. Eventually, this room will serve both as guest bedroom and creative space.


For now I am still working on this room - my goal is to transform the closet into a sewing, craft, art studio, office. Stay tuned.

I used to think that a permanently set up "creative studio" was the only way to be creative. I am sure this is true for many creative people. For me at this time, with the spaces I have available, a permanent studio did not seem to work.  That space became a messy catch-all for putting junk. Eventually my creative studio simply became a space I avoided. It was used for nothing, least of all creativity.

My creative juices flow much better in order and tidiness.  Now I  have created order and tidiness for myself. Soon it will also be my "crative space" as well as my guest bedroom.



What about you? What is your ideal creative space?

No comments: