Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Absolute Essentials in my Pantry

Some items I simply cannot live without in my pantry. Many are canned or dried and therefore keep long, some are fresh and must be used accodingly. Always having these things on hand allows me those lazy times when I simply neglect to plan, or get off my organized trolley. No matter how busy things get, we can still have a delicious frugal meal because my pantry allows me to skip grocery shopping for a week.

Soon I plan to start a weekly series of recipes that are straight from my pantry. You'd be surprised the myriad ways to recombine these pantry staples into absolutely fabulous meals on the fly and without planning. I keep a  list of quick easy meals taped to the insde of my pantry door in case I'm also short on creativity and ideas.

  • Dried beans (various kinds)
  • Dried lentils (a bean I suppose)
  • Canned beans
  • Marinated artichokes
  • Crushed tomato canned
  • Anchovies packed in oil
  • Italian tuna packed in olive oil
  • Canned wild salmon
  • Whole wheat capellini
  • Sobe noodles
  • Olives
  • Pickled onions
  • Dried musrooms
  • Flaked coconut
  • Coconut milk
  • Olive oil
  • Vinegar
  • Sea salt
  • Spices
  • Garlic
  • Onions
  • Soy sauce
Freezer
  • Shrimp
  • Spinach
  • Peas
  • Limes
  • Whole wheat nan
  • Ginger root
  • Canned Italian tuna packed in olive oil
  • chopped cilantro
  • chopped parsley
Stay tuned for my pantry recipes series.

No comments: