Saturday, February 13, 2010

Motivation - Action Plans - Goals

Motivation - waiting for it to arrive is not a good strategy
Once again I find myself with little to no motivation. There is so much that needs doing in my home, and I am not motivated. The hope is that by posting my week end action plans, I will get things done, and still have time remaining to just relax. This strategy has worked beautifully for the past few weekends, so I will continue it.

Long Range Goals
My big overall goal is to have my home just as I want it, every nook and crannie by late winter, mid March. At that time weather permitting I will tackle my attic and garage.

Once spring is here, I have much work to do in my gardens to get them to acceptable. They've been given little attention for the past 3 years, so this year there will be a few weekends, and potentially a few vacation days of pure indentured servitude to my garden.

All this work will be worth it, because there is nothing like eating a freshly picked tomato, or picking a bunch of flowers to make a vase for a friend. There is nothing better than preserving my bumper crops for winter.

A need to get away
I'd forgotten it was a holiday on Monday, so I did not plan any special get away, had I remembered, I may have planned to go someplace warmer for 3 days. At this stage of winter I do feel a craving for warmth. I have free rooms at Sheraton & Marroitt and lots of free miles for flying, all due to business travel, so it would have been free. What's better than free for a frugal life?

The Immediate
But back to my action plan. I will post an update on my status Monday night.
Here is my overall goal and strategy. I'd like to get all the manual type labor done by this afternoon. This evening I'd like to study about 1 hour of Italian. As a reward for my day of work, in the evening after a nice yoga class, and in the happy glow of my sparkling home, I look forward to spending  some qualiy creative time communing with my new sewing machine.

Tomorrow AM I'd like to do 1 hour of Italian, then do my taxes and my healthcare spending account. Spend another hour Sunday evening on Italian, then relax by the fire in my sparkling clean home, after a simple but delicious meal.

Wish me luck, just writing this increases my motivation.

No comments: