Thursday, February 04, 2010

My Walls

I have lived in my home for 12 years, it is a rather lovely home and I am grateful to have it. All of my walls, every single one, is antique linen white. I am sure you can see this sad reality from prior posts.

I plan to change this - finally. I am inspired by all the blogs I read. I will eventually put a list of them (blogs that inspire me) here. It's true, they have inspired me - no end.

My goal is by spring to have painted at least 3 spaces. Now I must meditate on my color choices. I have tremendous difficluty making such choices, I am a mathematician, and wall color choices are not my thing - I guess. This being said, I am also a painter of canvas. some still life and some abstract, so go figure what exactly makes me tick.

I think I just have an aversion to the permanence of paint, what if I do not like it? Well at this stage I downright hate antique linen white.

I will change, I will read and educate myself, and I will even attempt to paint at least one space myself. I love the feeling I get from the satisfaction of DIY.

I have so many projects in mind for my home, all of them frugal, creative, and potentially enjoyable to do. I am starting small by organizing. I need to be patient with myself.

Rome was not built in a day, and I have a job to also give my time to.

No comments: