Friday, February 12, 2010

Sometimes I am Cursed

Here's an example. Sewing, simple right, look through pattern books, find something you like, buy the pattern, buy the fabric, and make the item? Oh non, not me. I rather prefer to make patterns, not that I know how, nope.

In my essence I am a mathematician, I do not like to follow directions for anything. I like to create as I go along. Find my own way. This is precicely why I am not a good baker, I change the recipe mid way. This is the kiss of death in baking which requires precision.

How can someone, anyone, simply always follow patterns? This idea gives me the creeps, gives me anxiety. I like directions as a basic road map, but then I unfortunately/ fortunately always deviate as my insticts call me to do.
credit: Portager

I do believe that in the making of clothing, it is best to be an expert pattern follower, then deviate as one may wish. Still this belief does not at all inspire me to become a pattern follower.

Oh why am I this way? It would be so much easier to simply be a happy follower, looking for the right pattern.

No comments: