Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Sewing Machine

PHOTOS COMING SOON!

Some of my earliest momories are of sewing. I used to cut patterns out of newspaper to make dresses for my dolls. I took an existing dress and traced it onto the newspaper , cut it out, then stitched it up. I was around 3 years old. Yes my aunts allowed me to use needles. I was even good at threading.

Over the years I've sewn here and there. For the last 10 years I've been the owner of a badly functioning sewing machine. It sounds like it's a car that only runs in first gear.

Things are changing today. I purchased a new sewing machine. I have so many pieces of clothing that need taking in, they fit, but not quite how they should.  Fitted skirts that hang off my hips because I am not at all hippy or large thighed. These perfectly good skirts look somewhat frumpy on me. I will refashion them to more clsosely follow my own personal curves, and not the curves of the average size 5.

There will surely be much more to come from the world of my sewing machine, but for now, I just wanted to announce how happy and creatively excited I am to have made this purchase.

No comments: