Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sunday ToDo List & Check-in

Well - here's my update.
I went to yoga first thing Saturday AM - got there for an 8:30 class that actually started at 8AM. That ended that endeavour, so since I had my cabinet doors and shelves in the car to take to the glass cutting place to get door inserts and glass shelves, I did just that... Went to ACE Hardware.

The man there was so amazing, he was so helpful, and he cut me beautifully fitting glass inserts for my cabinets, and 2 perfect shelves.

Whilst I was out that way, I decided to go the the BMW dealership to see about an oil change for my car. That was a super productive trip, as I discovered my car only needs oil changes ever 15,000 miles (yes - you read that right,) this is a great car, and the BMW dealership is the picture of professionalism. I adore dealing with those people. I suppose I'd have known this detail (about oil changes) had I read my owner's manual. Note to self - read owner's manual.

At home I proceeded to put my new kitchen cabinets together, this was not on my Saturday list because I'd felt it was too ambitious, but I DID IT... The cabinets are set. I did break one insert, so tomorrow I am back to my glass cutting friend for a new piece.

I did make the shrimp for girl's dinner, it was delicious - served with brown basmati cilantro rice. The girls loved it. One of these days I'll post the recipe here.

Sunday - today, I studied Italian (feel good about the material) yeah... Then I cleaned my kitchen, cooked a couple of simple things for lunches. Finally went to my sister's place for dinner, then back home for a bubble bath.

All in all I feel OK about my accomplishments. I could have been a lot more productive.  For instance I made no progress in setting up my creative studio or my sewing area. This evening whilst in the tub soaking, I had a number of ideas for creative projects. Once this much needed room is up and functioning, it should get a lot of mileage.

OH DID I MENTION THAT I BROKE A TOE JUST BEFORE LEAVING TO MY GIRLFRIEND'S PLACE SAT. NIGHT?  I DID. IT IS ALL BLACK AND BLUE. There will be little to no yoga for a few days.

Tuesday next I have another Italian test, and this one I feel very good about. Happy to report that.

I need to become better at squeezing bits of productivity out of a few minutes here and there, be it organizing - house work - creative endeavours, I need to learn this skill.

---------------------------------------------------------------

  • Up at 7AM
  • coffee
  • harvard
  • assemble glass shelving in cupboards
  • add cupboard doors with glasss
  • stock shelves with glassware
  • ace hardware
  • finish setting up creative studio space
  • laundry
  • yoga
  • make lunches for week & dinner for class nights (not sure what yet)
  • wash down counters
  • vacuum & wash kitchen floor
  • gather all taxes "stuff"
  • study Italian
  • bubble bath & relax
  • read a good book
  • visit with family in evening

No comments: