Monday, February 15, 2010

Action Plan - Check-in

Once again posting my action plan has proven to be a fairly successful strategy for accomplishing my goals. My cleaning that was scheduled to take 1 hour 15 mins. actually took the better part of the day. I decided that a couple of spots needed love, namely my stove top and grates, my fridge, and my walls, my whole kitchen actually. Then I decided my master bath also needed deep love.

So I spent a good bit of time in the kitchen, but now it sparkles as it really should, and there is not one teensy weency bit of clutter. Have I mentioned that I detest clutter? This includes the ever popular "decorative clutter". More on that later.

Every square inch of my kitchen is as  I want it to be. I even scrubbed my kitchen floor. Every drawer is organized, every cupboard neat, my pantry usable. There are a few minor improvements I want to make in there, but that's for another topic.

Oh, almost forgot, I still need a permanent place for my microwave, and on top of a counter is not an option, this is something I detest. I need to figure out where it can be built in. I will lose a drawer or 1/2 a cupboard, but that is ok with me. For now it rests as the endcap of one counter, not bad, looks sort of  "built in".

My master bath received a very deep cleaning, and the closet was finally organized - yippie - that closet has been my nemisis for a long time.

 I did not stick to my timeline, but I got more accomplished than I'd planned, so I'd say the weekend of work was a success.

I also have all my material for my Italian test down to a science, and I even relaxed quite a bit with family celebrating carnaval.

Taxes were not completed due to some missing docs, and healthcare spending account organizing also did not happen.

I did cook, but nothing very special, I'd say this weekend was mostly cleaning and organizing, and I am super happy about that. I also did a good bit of "me time", which I need and crave, and relaxing.

No comments: